As promised, here is a photo of the dragonfly I made with free-motion machine stitching. To make it stronger I used a small piece of blue tulle between two sheets of water soluble plastic, and I used an embroidery hoop. I just kept building up different colors of thread until I was satisfied with it. Now that I'm looking at it afresh as it were, I see that it's missing something. It needs better eyes for one thing, but that can be fixed with some irridescent sequins or maybe beads. I'm also thinking that this was made way before I acquired the angelina heatbond fibers. If I had those when I was stitching this thing, I probably would have used some of it for the dragonfly's wings to make them look more realistic and airy. Maybe it's not too late and I can still add a little underneath... I don't wont go for the glittery overkill look, so I'll use it sparingly.